Sunday, 19 March 2017 11:49
THIS MEETING WILL BE TAKING PLACE AT MICROSOFT”S OFFICE AT 555 CALIFORNIA STREET. YOU MUST RSVP TO ATTEND.
How much do in you know Azure Resource Manager (ARM) administration and SaaS, PaaS and IaaS? As an IT Professional you have been managing and administrating on prem Microsoft servers, Active Directory, disk storages, the networks, firewalls and keep the environment safe and secure. With the introduction of cloud services and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) you will need to learn a new set of skills and lean how to use a new tools for cloud Administration. This month we will look at those skills and teach you how to do the tasks Microsoft’s Azure Cloud using Azure Resource Manager or ARM to do the tasks you’ve already been doing.
If you are new to Microsoft Azure or looking to get started using it, then this meeting is for you. Attendees at this can’t-miss event will get a comprehensive overview of Microsoft’s enterprise-grade cloud computing platform, and learn from our experience in moving our clients’ servers to Azure.
What we’ll cover:
* The services Azure provides.
* ASM (old) vs ARM (new) – We’ll focus on ARM.
* How to create your first Azure virtual machine and its dependencies – Azure IaaS is your own virtual datacenter!
* Ways to back up your virtual machine with Azure.
* Real world "gotchas" we’ve experienced in moving our clients to Azure.
* Where we see Azure within 5 years and how this may affect your near-term hardware purchases.
Founded in 1996, Intivix is a trusted technology partner that is committed to supporting, protecting, mobilizing and improving IT systems and strategies for businesses in the Bay Area. We provide forward thinking cloud solutions, application development/integration, security, and IT support/planning services. We deploy and support Azure services for a range of different clients from small shops with cloud-only servers to larger clients with hybrid deployments.